My favorite holiday is right around the corner. Halloween is the one time of the year you can be anyone you want to be. Even hookers can dress up as hookers and no one would know the wiser. Las Vegas is a great place for Halloween. If you can create an amazing unique costume, you can win some big cash at costume contests with more than $20,000 in prizes. If you’re a procrastinator like me, you probably are still thinking about what you want to be this year. With only two weeks to plan, here are some tips to remember when dressing for Fright Night.
- If you want to keep up with the trends look to the movies. Avengers and Hunger Games were the biggest hits of the year so you can expect to see multiple copycats of each. On a side note, if you choose Hunger Games, don’t plan on setting yourself on fire. They don’t allow sparklers anymore in the clubs so they probably won’t let you in either.
- Vegas is the one city where less is more for girls and guys alike. I’m not against any skin showing. If you got it, flaunt it. Just make sure what you wearing fits. There is nothing worse seeing someone in a tight costume where a muffin top is not part of it.
- Think outside the box. If you do want to win the cash prizes, a sexy kitty isn’t going to cut it. Past winners have been replicas of Transformers, full-size Avatars, and The Big Bad Wolf, and I mean big. I’ve seen The Addams Family, Grim Reaper, and a Silver Surfer that was cover from head to in silver glitter.
- EDM is huge in Vegas so I assume there will be plenty of Deadmau5 heads bobbing around. He is spinning at XS on Halloween night for his 20th appearance in the city. You can wear a Deadmau5 head anytime he’s here, so be something else for holiday.
- Wear a costume. Putting a plaid shirt isn’t going to make you a lumberjack, wearing sunglasses in the club isn’t going to make you Michael Jackson, and spiking your hair doesn’t make you Pauly D. If you’re going out in Las Vegas, everyone will be in a costume so don’t be the odd man out.
- If you decide to choose something that covers your face have patience when getting your I.D. checked. Even if you’re dressed as an elderly person, they will still ask so don’t be a douche as your costume.
- Lastly, just because you’re dressed as a creep doesn’t mean you have to be one. Enough said.
If you want to know what’s going down for Halloween weekend, all the events are listed at SPYONvegas.com