If there is one spot to go to this Labor Day Weekend, it should be JET Nightclub. It will be the last chance party goers will have to experience the Vegas hotspot that opened in December 2005. As all good things must come to an end, JET closes its doors after its last bash on Monday, September 5. The closing party, “End of an Era,” will feature a live performance by Fabolous. Expect past and present elite VIPs to join the festivities to say good-bye to JET. Luckily for Vegas, the spot will reopen New Year’s Eve with a new look.
Light Group recently partnered with The Butter Group out of New York City to remodel the infamous nightclub to deliver 1Oak. 1Oak is one of NYC’s hottest nightclubs that promote a “one of kind” experience. In four short months, JET will be transformed into its own “one of kind” look, giving the city a new industry standard.
JET Nightclub will always have a special place in my heart. Before I even moved here, it was the one place I was determined to bartend at. I remember grabbing an issue of People where JET was featured after the grand opening. I eventually achieved that goal and am forever grateful that I got to be a part of it.
Without further adieu, I am going to give my final good-bye to JET Nightclub by listing my favorite memories that I will never forget.
- I arrived in Las Vegas in January 2006 after a 31-hour drive at 1 a.m, unpacked for about 15 minutes and went to JET Nightclub. Got wasted… naturally… made my way around the club trying to meet every employee to see how I could start working there. I got pulled up by some random guy into VIP where I met January, who was extremely patient and explained what I needed to do to apply there. January and I are still best friends to this day. (Who says you can’t find true friends in Vegas?)
- Third night in Vegas, I returned to JET where I drank way too much. Ended up throwing up in the bathroom where I was escorted out shortly after. I was unaware that over intoxication was not allowed in Vegas. I had to fill out an incident report.
- The night the cabana crew took over JET, dancing up on the tables and trying to get one of my friends home before curfew… you know who you are. I don’t remember a lot from that night but the pictures are amazing!
- Hanging out next to 30 Seconds to Mars and seeing Jared Leto, a.k.a. Jordan Catalano from My So Called Life, for the first time ever… he was my high school crush. I’m still upset how they just canceled the show with such a major cliffhanger.
- AVN show night with Ron Jeremy hosting. I was dancing up on the poles and someone slipped a $20 in my pants! First night I walked out with more money than I came in with.
- Pre-birthday celebration with 5 people and 4 bottles, partying with the Boston Celtics after they won the championship. Ending up taking a guy home that night and throwing up right after… Back when I kept things nice and classy.
The list could go on and on, but honestly I have had some of my best Vegas moments at JET. As one door closes another opens, which simply means another spot for me to make a drunken fool out of myself!